考官先自我介紹並確認考生的身份。 然後，他會就一些熟悉的話題，例如：家庭、家人、工作、學習和興趣，向考生提出一些一般性的問題。 為確保一致性，這些問題取自腳本，與考官的對話持續 4-5 分鐘。
- What do/did you study?
- Why do/did you want to study that?
- What subject do you enjoy studying most?
- Do you prefer to study alone or with other people?
- What was your worst subject at school?
- Do/Did you have a favourite teacher?
- Are you planning to take any courses soon?
- How long have you been studying English?
- Do you think English will be important for you in the future?
- Would you like to learn any other languages?
- What do you do?
- What is the most important part of your job?
- Do you work with other people or alone?
- What do you like about your job?
- What do you not like about your job?
- Why did you choose your job?
- Do you work long hours?
- Do you think work-life balance is important?
- What is your journey like to and from work?
- What is your dream job?
Your home, neighbourhood and country
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
- What is your favourite room in your house?
- Which room do you spend the most time in?
- Do you like the area where you live?
- What facilities do you have in your neighbourhood? (cafés, restaurants, shops etc.)
- What would you like to change about your neighbourhood?
- What do you like about your country?
- Tell me about the people in your country.
- Is your country popular with tourists?
- Where is a good place to visit in your country?
Technology and the Internet
- How often do you use a computer?
- What do you use computers for?
- Do you use a mobile phone a lot?
- Is it OK for children to have mobile phones?
- Do you like modern technology?
- What modern technology don’t you like?
- How often do you use the Internet?
- Do you use social media sites?
- What is your favourite website?
- Is it bad to use the Internet too much?
Sports and leisure activities
- How often do you play sports or do exercise?
- What sports are popular in your country?
- Did you play sports at school?
- Do you prefer playing sports or watching them?
- How often do you watch sports?
- Have you ever been part of a sports team or club?
- What type of exercise do you enjoy doing?
- Do you have a favourite sportsperson?
- Do you like watching the Olympics?
- What new sport do you want to try?
Food and healthy living
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you normally eat healthy food?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What meals can you cook?
- What is a traditional meal in your country?
- Do you eat fast food?
- What foods do you like from other countries?
- What fruit and vegetables do you like?
- Do you think you are a healthy person?
- Have you ever been on a diet?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Tell me about somebody in your family.
- Do you live with your family?
- How often do you spend time with your family?
- What do you do with your family?
- Do you prefer chatting with family or friends?
- How often do you talk on the phone with your family?
- Is family important to you?
- Have you celebrated something special with your family recently?
- Who do you admire in your family?
- Tell me about your school when you were a child.
- What was your favourite subject?
- Who was your favourite teacher?
- Were you a good student?
- Where did you live as a child?
- Do you have the same friends now as your childhood?
- What did you do with your friends?
- What did you do during the summer holidays?
- What was your favourite toy as a child?
- Tell me about a birthday you remember from your childhood.
Shopping and fashion
- Do you enjoy shopping?
- How often do you go shopping?
- Do you like going to shopping centres?
- What do you think about online shopping?
- Do you enjoy shopping at traditional markets?
- How much money do you spend on clothes?
- What types of clothes do you enjoy wearing?
- Do you prefer summer clothes or winter clothes?
- What would you wear to a formal event like a wedding?
- Are you a fashionable person?
- What do you normally do in the morning?
- Do you prefer the morning or the evening?
- What is your breakfast routine?
- Is exercise part of your daily routine?
- Is your routine similar every day?
- What do you normally do for lunch?
- What do you like doing after work/school?
- How much time do you spend relaxing every day?
- What do you like doing on weekends?
- Do you have enough free time?
Entertainment (music, TV and film)
- What’s your favourite type of music?
- Do you enjoy listening to music?
- Where do you normally listen to music?
- How often do you watch television?
- Do you normally watch television alone or with other people?
- What television programmes do you like?
- Do you prefer watching television series or films?
- What types of films do you like watching?
- What types of films are popular in your country?
- How often do you go to the cinema?